|Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc.|
|PO Box 93333, Rochester NY, 14692||Telephone Hotline: (585) 210-8910||Follow us on Facebook|
Academy learning sessions help support STEM and ham radio at the same time by providing hands on examples for various topics.
RaRa Academy provides workshops on a variety of Ham Radio topics and interests. Workshops have included Digital communications, IRLP, Echo LInk, WinLink, Fox Hunting, build a 20m and 15m fan di-pole, 2 meter tape measure yagi, just to mention a few.
For more information contact our education coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions are two hours, generally on a Saturday each month at a location described below.
April 7th, 2018 10AM — Power Supply and Battery Technology
The topics for this workshop will include:
— Battery and Power Supply Technologies used with communications equipment
— Safe handling and charging of batteries
— Safety Precautions when working with High Voltage power sources
Various battery technologies and power sources will be on display.
May 5th, 2018 10AM — Dual Band Antenna Build
This Academy workshop will be a hands on session.
— We will build a dual band 20/15M HF dipole antenna.
— The cost of this session is $25 to cover materials.
Due to the nature of the course, class size is limited to 12 participants. Please register for the class by emailing: email@example.com.
Getting Started with Arduino — Scott Theis, W2LW — Slides (02/03/2018)
We would like to hear from you! We have lots of ideas for sessions but would like to focus on what members are most interested. Contact our education coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions. Here are some ideas we are working on:
– Antenna Analyzers
– Component Fundamentals -- Precision, Types, Capacitors, etc.
– Fighting Noise -- A Discussion of Noise Filtering and Techniques (2 Shack Noise)
– Fighting Noise -- A Discussion of Noise Filtering and Techniques (Mobile)
– Getting Started with CW
– Getting Started with JT65
– Getting Started with PSK31
– HF Band Review and Propagation
– HF Noise Filtering -- Noise Filtering and Techniques and Common Rig Controls
– Hands on Pi
– Limited Space Radio
– Mesh Networks Using Routers
– PIC Programming
– Power Supply Basic
– RF Connectors (Good Bad, Ugly and Common)
– Radio Techniques -- Improve/Practice Calling
– Setting Up a Shack
– Shack Software Options
– Test Equipment Basics and Safety
– Understanding Antenna Options
– Understanding RF Exposure
– Understanding Radio-Computer Interfaces
– Using Beacons and Reverse Beacons
– Using Chirp
– Using HRD
– VHF Modes
Last revised: 03/11/18 02:56 PM
The Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Educational Corporation
Information Contact: email@example.com