|Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc.|
|PO Box 93333, Rochester NY, 14692||Telephone Hotline: (585) 210-8910||Follow us on Facebook|
Academy learning sessions help support STEM and ham radio at the same time by providing hands on examples for various topics.
RaRa Academy provides workshops on a variety of Ham Radio topics and interests. Workshops have included Digital communications, IRLP, Echo LInk, WinLink, Fox Hunting, build a 20m and 15m fan di-pole, 2 meter tape measure yagi, just to mention a few.
For more information contact our education coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(To be rescheduled) — Power and Power Supplies at BSA
Topics for this session will include:
– Battery and Power Supply Technologies used with communications equipment
– Safe handling and charging of batteries
– Safety Precautions when working with High Voltage power sources
Various battery technologies and power sources will be on display.
February 3, 201810 AM — Getting Started With Arduino Programming
Topics for the session will include:
– Setting up the Arduino IDE
– Selecting the correct device libraries
– Basics of C Programming with Arduino
– Creating sketches and testing
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) hands-on class. Attendees are encouraged bring a laptop with Windows, Linux or Mac and an Arduino UNO or similar device.
Location to be announced.
We would like to hear from you! We have lots of ideas for sessions but would like to focus on what members are most interested. Contact our education coordinator at email@example.com with suggestions. Here are some ideas we are working on:
– Antenna Analyzers
– Component Fundamentals -- Precision, Types, Capacitors, Etc
– Fighting Noise -- A Discussion of Noise Filtering and Techniques (2 Shack Noise)
– Fighting Noise -- A Discussion of Noise Filtering and Techniques (Mobile)
– Getting Started with CW
– Getting Started with JT65
– Getting Started with PSK31
– HF Band Review and Propagation
– HF Noise Filtering -- Noise Filtering and Techniques and Common Rig Controls
– Hands on Pi
– Limited Space Radio
– Mesh Networks Using Routers
– PIC Programming
– Power Supply Basic
– RF Connectors (Good Bad, Ugly and Common)
– Radio Techniques -- Improve/Practice Calling
– Setting Up a Shack
– Shack Software Options
– Test Equipment Basics and Safety
– Understanding Antenna Options
– Understanding RF Exposure
– Understanding Radio-Computer Interfaces
– Using Beacons and Reverse Beacons
– Using Chirp
– Using HRD
– VHF Modes
Last revised: 01/13/18 02:19 PM
The Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Educational Corporation
Information Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org